Brown & Bigelow offers clients a range of products and services that fall into four main categories:
We source products for specific promotional objectives.
- We start by understanding each client’s business objectives and budget. Then we access Brown & Bigelow’s collective expertise to find the right products to accomplish the client’s objectives within the defined budget.
- Our team monitors social, retail and product specific trends so we understand the market.
- We attend regional, national and international tradeshows to find the newest products to showcase our clients’ brands.
- Finally, we establish relationships with vendors in the promotional, premium/incentive and retail industries to ensure we are sourcing products for our clients from socially responsible companies that comply with national and international labor and safety laws and regulations. We manage a network of approximately 100 preferred vendors although each year we routinely source products from over 2,000 different vendors.
We create targeted promotional programs.
- Frequently, our clients request that we create complete promotional programs incorporating the products we source to accomplish measurable objectives. These include the following:
- Programs to encourage CUSTOMER LOYALTY such as frequent buyer programs, gift with purchase promotions or year-end gifts;
- Programs to INCREASE SALES or to MOTIVATE SALES REPRESENTATIVES such as merchandise or point based sales incentive contests;
- Programs to encourage DEALERS TO STOCK PRODUCTS such as merchandise or points based dealer loader promotions;
- Programs to recognize employees or sales people for PERFORMANCE or YEARS OF SERVICE.
We develop & manage online company stores.
- Our corporate clients ask us to develop and to manage their on-line promotional merchandise programs or company stores to protect their brand standards, to control spending levels of authorized buyers, to manage inventory and to provide consolidated reporting on their purchasing patterns enterprise wide.
- For online company stores, we offer either bundled or unbundled pricing for the following services:
- Website Design: We incorporate the client’s brand standards to create a design that complements existing corporate websites.
- Inventory Management: We offer clients two options for management of the inventory necessary to support an e-store.
- Client owned inventory: The client can purchase the inventory necessary to support the e-store and pay B & B to manage it.
- B & B owned inventory: Or, B & B can purchase and manage the inventory for the e-store. This option requires an inventory buyback commitment in the Promotional Merchandise Program Agreement between B & B and the client.
- Customer service: We provide customer service to support the e-stores we manage, including telephone, e-mail and instant chat.
- Order processing/fulfillment: We process orders electronically and pick, pack and ship the orders from our warehouse in St. Paul, Minnesota. B & B order processing and fulfillment offer secure checkouts, timely shipments, and email confirmations.
- Credit card processing: Our e-stores accept payment via Mastercard, VISA, American Express, Discover and purchase orders from authorized buyers with pre-established credit limits. We utilize encrypted, SSL credit card processing to ensure security. We are also level 3 P-card enabled.
- Reporting: We provide clients with both standard and custom reporting via email or through direct access to the databases on our server.
We design, assemble & coordinate distribution of promotional kits.
- For clients looking for a vendor to provide complete “turn-key” solutions for promotional projects, we offer package design, kit assembly and warehouse distribution services.
- For these projects, we offer clients either bundled or unbundled pricing for the following services:
- Package/box design
- Packing contents into package or box
- Bulk shipment on pallets or individual drop shipments via small package carrier.
- These services are an excellent value for clients who want to avoid the time, expense and hassle of coordinating fulfillment and shipment of their own promotional projects.